Peer Support & Recovery Coaching
Proven tools for mutual aid
Anyone with lived experience of struggle or supporting others through it who want to get better at it
NB an extended (five day) version of this course (“Evidence Based Peer Support”) has been piloted within the NHS with great feedback
What will you get out of it?
- Skills for looking after your own health that you can use to help others
- Compassionate ways to help people find out what matters and how they can move towards it
- Creative solutions to help people recognise ‘stuckness’ and consider engaging in behavioural change
- Enhancing Social Capital and Ways to Wellbeing
- Facilitating post-traumatic growth and scaling up confidence and motivation
- Sustainable reinforcement and appreciative inquiry for moving on with hope
It was great, two fabulous tutors – bring them back please!
Thanks this has been really great: informative, challenging, and really useful in both professional and personal development
Found it very useful – we used the techniques and helped eachother
Humour great – helped to embed points made
Workshop helped me to clarify my own values
Really enjoyable 2 days with lots of good exercises
Very interesting and well delivered. All questions were answered.
Overall very good – confirmed and enhanced the practices I already employ
Very well facilitated
I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop. The tools and skills will definitely be of use
Workshop leaders were very good at what they do and knew their stuff
Training was really good – I really liked that lots of different techniques were covered – it was as useful for me [clinical supervisor] as it was for PSWs
Trainer was very good at talking through things as we went along
I feel I got a lot from this training, I found it useful both professionally and personally
Most things had a practical exercise attached to them – it helped me to apply things better
Thought Mat got all his points across in a very clear manner
Helped me think about the other ways I could work with young people
You will receive:
• Access to demonstrations of the specific clinical techniques that make up the approach, and the chance to practice them yourselves
• Learn via a wide range of experiential exercises, clinical role plays, group discussions, guided practice and video demonstration
• Action planning: resources for making use of techniques in your work including client worksheets
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/rss/user_list_events/79113717397. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.